Let's get the song and dance part over with first
I'm no marketing guru so your inbox won’t be jammed with presentations full of sweet-talking terminology and fancy graphs. I’m also not going to tell you that I’m the world’s best developer or that I can magically solve all your problems.
What I am is a software developer who absolutely loves building highly bespoke mobile applications for Android using Kotlin, C++ and Rust.
So it’s naturally important to me that you’ll also love and enjoy working with me. As a potential client, ask yourself - why are you here?
Mutually respectful client relationships are central to my work ethic. And an absolute dealbreaker. Experience has taught me that true success requires collaboration, a partnership with shared goals.
Building software is hard work. It’s often stressful, frustrating and fraught with challenges. Challenges which require team solutions. If we can’t work as a team, we’ll fail. I hate failing, so let's not set ourselves up for that!
I won’t be offended if this doesn’t appeal to you right now.
You’re still here? Great!
I’ve created a little cheat sheet below that aims to assist you in making a decision with regards our business compatibility. I hope it will resonate with you.
Give yourself one point for every statement that you find true and agree with. We'll tally the score afterwards.
- You have a clear product vision and know exactly what it should look like, how it should work and where you want me to be involved.
- This vision is more than an idea, it's a passion and you are ready, willing and able to put in the hard work and effort required to make it a reality.
- You understand your business and its potential profitability.
- You have a clearly allocated and available budget for the project.
- You need a software developer, someone who’ll build the application and the background services. Not an investor or partner.
- You know which 3rd party services you’ll use for integration and what’s required to make this happen.
- There are wire frames and screen designs available for review, to better understand your goals.
- You've invested the time to understand your target market and which platform(s) will best serve them.
- You've been involved in software projects before and understand the various role players.
- You fully understand that software development costs money and that I do not work for free.
Let’s check your score:
- 8+: Excellent, let's talk! Check my availability
- 6+: We may have a potential issue or two. Feel free to review the cheat sheet once more.
- 5 or less: Sorry, our approaches are just too different. I just don't see us working together.
What if you need wire frames and screen designs?
A great User Experience (UX) is at the heart of everything I do. It’s essential to the success of your project. Part of great UX includes screen designs and the look and feel of your solution. If you haven’t yet run your designs and requirements past a UX expert, I highly recommend speaking to Peter Koen from Pondo. Peter specialises in the creation of a frictionless, engaging user experience for web and mobile applications. A consultation with him will provide you with the output required to engage with developers, enabling the smooth communication of your vision and requirements.
Out of interest, judging by past experience, engaging an expert UX consultant saves a significant amount of time and redevelopment. This saves you valuable time to market as well as expensive development and design overheads. The more you plan before we start development, the higher the chances for success.